What to ExpectA detailed bowel preparation regimen will be given to you once you have confirmed.
- Inform the doctor if you are on blood thinners medication e.g. aspirin, plavix, warfarin etc.
- Do not eat fruits, vegetable, oats, meat, cereals, nuts, seeds, milk or milk products 1 – 2 days before procedure
- You may eat white rice, white bread, mee sua, bee hoon, fish, plain coffee, tea, glucose and clear soup, clear liquid
Bowel Preparation for Colonscopy
- Start bowel preparation the night before or 6 hours before the procedure.
- Drink 90mls of Oral Fleet (Phospho – Soda) Dilute Oral fleet with 1.5 litres of water. Every 15 minutes, drink 1 large glass of water.
- You will begin to move your bowels and by the first hour, by the 4th and 5th hour, diarrhoea should be clear and watery.
Note: You may experience frequent loose stools for several hours after consuming the Oral Fleet Mixture
On the Day of the Procedure
- Arrive at the Endoscopy Centre 2 hours before the procedure.
- If you are on regular medication for hypertension, heart conditions or asthma, please consume the medication with sips of water only.
- If you are on regular diabetic medication, including insulin injections, please omit.
- You cannot drive, wear contact lens, jewellery, make-up or nail varnish.